Monday, January 25, 2010

No Place Like Home Cinema Saturday



Cinema Saturday Challenge Australia
So you might think "There's No Place Like Home" the Wizard of Oz; well in the Movie she/ they sing Over the Rainbow and many references of home. They show some tiny snippets of the movie in the movie. So my creation is Faraway Downs Farm. The entire movie was the fight over this property and the struggle to keep it running. I made plain because it was plain, dust bowl of love. Hence the choice of muted colors. When they Drover moved in the trees and grass got greener, when they fought the dust flew back in. In the end boy went to home with Grandfather, Lady Ashley and Drover end up together at Faraway Downs. Hopefully Happy Ever After!!
Background Stamp Crackle:Cornish Heritage Farms
All Other supplies from : Papertrey Ink.
Happy Crafting

6 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

I love the house and how you used the kraft paper! Very pretty card!

Juli Smith, said...

I agree with Julia! Nice job.

anaRy said...

That was a cleaver idea! Loved it.
Anary

Tethered2Home said...

That quote is perfect. Such a pretty card too!

Brooke S said...

Great card girlie.. I love that stamp set.. I have it and it never even entered my mind for this challenge... Your card turned out fab.. Love it. Simply Beautiful.

HUGS
Brooke

Nancy K said...

Pretty card. I like your interpretation of the filn to your project