Sunday, July 28, 2013

Picture Perfect



Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge
Picture Perfect
I saw this picture and at first it was where do go with that? After looking at Jennifer Mullen's card which I thought was terrific, I was so motivated to create (thank you!!). I went with a die cut thanks in black. I started out with a piece of neon yellow paper and used a distress marker (Tim Holtz, Spiced Marmalade) colored it up then blended it with water to give some intense) I put the thanks die inside the circle die taped it securely then taped to the paper. Only then cutting down to the bottom of letters. Carefully remove the pieces and trim as needed. Then for added dimension do another die cut of the sentiment and adhere it the piece. I also added shadowing under the lettering as well.
Then I added some leafy die cuts which one of them has been doubled. Then there is a Winterberry Sprig by Memory Box tucked in there holding a tiny gem. So more ideas came to mind but just so little time!

Happy Crafting
Barbara

Dies: Paper Smooches/ Thanks, Loopy Leaf, Memory Box/ Winterberry Sprig
Cardstock: PTI/ Summer Sunrise, Black
Marker: Tim Holtz Distress/ Spiced Marmalade
Gem: Kaiser Scrapbook

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow Barbara!! I just love your take on the photo too :0)
How you've cut along the bottom of the word is brilliant... love the effect. Thanks too for your lovely words, so happy that I helped to inspire your wonderful card :0)
Congrats on winning last weeks colour challenge too.
Jenny x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I LOVE how you've created that sunset! I also love how you've cut the bottom-- BEAUTIFULLY done! Great take on this inspiration photo!
THANKS so much for playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect challenge <3 ps... super sorry about being late in leaving my comment! Hope you will join in the fun again soon!!!